4.10.2008

Life happens

I did not grow up dreaming of a graduate degree in social science. I did not grow up dreaming about marriage. I did not grow up dreaming about anything in particular at all. Seconds, minutes, days, weeks, months, and even decades passed with a flow of their own. Interests took root and disappeared with a will of their own. Sometimes I conformed, sometimes I stuck o being a stubborn tough being. Things happened and undid themselves while I watched my life as a bystander. And then there were times when I created life out of whatever little or more came along my way.

I did not plan o-levels, fsc., undergrad, work, a scholarship, masters, marriage or anything at all. Things came up and things happened. Life happens. Whether you like it or not life happens. You can either live along or wait for life to oblige you. Both ways life happens and somewhere along the way you happen too. So, why fret? Why worry today about all the good and bad that will happen anyway.

I do not know what tomorrow has in store for me. I wish it is as promising as I want it to be but I have no way of knowing. And I do not want to know too. It will just not be worth the pursuit if I know what lies at the other end. So, I will walk my way to the end nd find out all that I can find on the way.

There is no happy ever after. Just happiness punctuated by distress or vice versa. depends on how you take it. End of the day it is just plain simple life happening and beckoning you to happen along.

4 comments:

S A J Shirazi said...

You have a point and I agree that walking into the unknown is what makes life worth living.

Admin said...

If that be the case, and that is the case, let us learn to make the best out of everything happening.

S A J Shirazi said...

Walking into unknown is good sometime. But can't we make life happen to a little extent? I think we can.

Awais Aftab said...

A soothing perspective of life. :) But this attitude is difficult to cultivate.