11.07.2005

so it is . .

In idle moments I think of you and wonder if we gave up too soon,
In solitude I trace out memories of times spent with you.
I tire myself out with endless activities during the day,
The distractions of the workplace help take my mind off you.
At night I drop dead on the covers and watch your shadow slip away.
I know you will fade away as I drift off to sleep,
I know you will be forever gone before dawn.

At times I sit down and rationalize it all.
I know where you are coming from,
I understand your limitations.
Strange as it may seem,
I recognize the demons inside your head.
I have no regrets about what happened.
I do not look back in despair at all.

The only thought that jolts me now and then,
Is whether you were worth hanging on to?
Whether I walked off too soon,
Whether we let go too soon,
So very soon?

1 comment:

CR said...

Incredible piece, I just love this one