6.19.2008

Bank account stuff

So today I walked in to a decent local bank branch to get a bank account. Given the tedious new sequence of documentation and endless number of forms to be signed the whole process took about ninety minutes. Interestingly, the person handling my application failed to comprehend why I want to open a bank account when I am niether a student nor a working woman. He suggested I put in my status as house wife as in that case there will be no need to account for my income. Now the problem is that I am not a house wife - no more a student and I have not started work yet. So I am not able to give a tangible source of my income. And I MUST give a source of income in order to get an account.

Finally, my father put himself in as my source of income. And now I have a bank account. Thanks to the whole new state of affairs surrounding flow of funds in this country.

6 comments:

Moula Jatt said...

are u associated wiht desiwriterslounge kia ?

dhoop kinara said...

No, I am not.

Arunima said...

it's like asking for a license to learn driving and asking if you know how to drive to get the license.

Moula Jatt said...

okay cool.just had to wash certain prejudices. be well.

Hopeful said...

so how would unemployed men who are not students describe themselves?

Faisal.K said...

well this is due to the fact that in our country we cannot understand why a woman would want to have an account, we can justify a working woman having it but other than that it does not compute in our chauvinistic mindset.